Thursday, August 10, 2017

Color Pencil Guide

Looking for help with coloring stamped images with color pencil?  Good news!  My new guide and tutorial "How to Color: Colored Pencil Basics for the Crafter" is now live on the Favecrafts website!

This article is totally STUFFED with great information, including basic color theory, pencil strokes, color layering steps and more. Best of all, I've also included a step-by-step tutorial to help you in your journey.

Please check it out...and leave a comment!

How to Color: Colored Pencil Basics for the Crafter


2 comments:

Sherry said...

I love how you've gotten your image even more realistic looking with the addition of the dark brown pencil! It's all about the layers!

Gail Green said...

Thank you SO much, Sherry! Using watercolor pencil for the base layer gives a good color "ground" so all I have to do is add the texture using regular color pencil. I actually drew this cat face stamp with this technique in mind!